QSFP+ Extender (up to 80KM)
APPLICATIONSQSFP+ long distance link
InfiniBand 4X SDR, DDR, QDR and FDR
Ethernet 10G, 40G
FiberChannel 10G, 40G, SAN, 4X16G
Rack-to-Rack, Shelf-to-Shelf Interconnect
Top of Rack (TOR) and Core Switch
STANDARDS COMPLIANCEQSFP+ End
Electrical: IBTA V2 Revision 1.2.1 and 1.3
10Gtek's QSFP+ Extender is used for long-distance transmission under 40G QSFP+. The QSFP+ Port could be transferred/converted into 4x SFP+ port by Direct Attach Copper (DAC) technology under very low insert lose.
10Gtek's QSFP+ Extender are provided in 1U rack and movable version with 3.3V power supply. Transmission distance could be extended longer by connecting with Standard SFP+ Transceivers.
Figure 1: To transmit up to 80km distance using the QSFP+ extender.
- From switch to QSFP+ extender, connect the QSFP+ ports with either QSFP+ DAC or QSFP+ AOC or QSFP+ transceiver.
- Between two extenders, connect the 4x SFP+ ports with SFP+ transceivers.
- Use SFP+ ZR transceivers to achieve 80km transmission.
Figure 2: To save fiber using QSFP+ extender.
- From switch to QSFP+ extender, connect the SFP+ ports with either SFP+ DAC or SFP+ AOC or SFP+ transceiver.
- Between two extenders, connect the QSFP+ ports with QSFP+ transceivers.
- Use QSFP+ LR4 to achieve 10km transmission with only one LC fiber.
QSFP+ Extender Box
QSFP+ Extender for 1U
|QSFP+ to 4x SFP+ Extender, for 1U Chassis, passive
|QSFP+ to 4x SFP+ Extender, for 1U Chassis, active, with cdr
|QSFP+ to 4x SFP+ Extender box, 30cm QSFP+ pigtail
|QSFP+ to 4x SFP+ Extender box, 50cm QSFP+ pigtail